North Wildwood - Hereford Inlet Lighthouse
The Hereford Lighthouse was completed in April 16, 1874 and was illuminated May 11, 1874. Its style is known as Swiss Gothic which is the only one of this type on the East Coast. The U.S. Lighthouse Service helped the mariners when they traveled into the Hereford Inlet by providing navigational aide.
Today, The Hereford Lighthouse can be found in North Wildwood, New Jersey where its light is still operational and shines its beacon 14 nautical miles out to sea.
1st & Central Avenues
North Wildwood, N.J., 08260